by Gavin Reed
The world is full of mysteries and amazing locations, many of which we know about and visit often, like the Grand Canyon or the Alps, or the Great Wall of China. But in a world so big, with so many varying elements depending on geographic location, this earth and sometimes the people on it can produce some pretty amazing sights that we often overlook. Check out this list of 10 mysterious places you may have never seen or heard about, that are out there right now, waiting for you to discover…
10. Rub’ Al-Khali, Oman – 250,000 square miles of continuous sand that covers four countries
9. Red Beach, Panjin, China – Located in the biggest wetland and reed marsh in the world, this beach is created by seaweed that turns a maroon color in the fall.
8. Antelope Canyon, Arizona – Although it has appeared in many other magazines, films and travel related shows, it has to be mentioned because its natural beauty is quite mysterious and out of this world.
7. Catedral de Marmol (the Marble Cathedral), Lago General Carrera, Patagonia, Chile – Natural erosion has created this beautiful, marble wonder that you can only see by small boat.
6. Rainbow Mountains, China – Red sandstone and mineral deposits being pressed together for millions of years creates this beautiful rainbow design over these mountains in China.
5. Tunnel of Love, Ukraine – Deep in the forests of the Ukraine, this “tunnel” spans 1.8 miles long!
4. Bamboo Forest, Japan – These extremely tall bamboo trees rest in Sagono.
3. Cherry Blossom Street in Bonn, Germany – Two to three times a year, locals and tourists alike can enjoy a canopy of cherry blossoms that cover this street in Bonn, Germany. Not necessarily a natural wonder but still something amazing everyone should see at least once!
2. Wisteria Tunnel at Kawachi Fuji Gardens, Japan – Although technically a man-made wonder, it is a pretty beautiful sight to see only once a year in April and May.
1. Son Doong Cave, Vietnam – The world’s biggest cave can fit a 40 story building inside it. That’s impressive and beautiful.